Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Vj Book


My Girlfriend got my this book as a birthday present. I Don't know how many VJ books are out there, but I found this one very interesting, it features interviews with a lot of visual artists, not all of them Vjs, but related some way or another to live visual performance. From the 1920s "color concerts" to the '60s psychedelic light shows to the contemporary scene's huge projection screens. Some chapters are dedicated to practical information, such as software and hardware tips or even copyright issues and lessons from related fields like film editing or improv. theater.
The book also comes with a DVD, which I though it was a great idea, but I'm not sure if I liked how it was executed. But then again I wasn't expecting the DVD at all, so I was just happy with the book alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------
The VJ Book :
Inspirations and Practical Advice for Live Visuals Performance
Edited by Paul Spinrad;
DVD by Melissa Ulto (VJ Miixxy),
Foreword by Jon Schwark (videojon)

Add to Digg Add to del.ici.us

4 Comments:

Blogger Morgan said...

Hey Miguel,
i also came across this book produced by a student here in San Diego studying VJing at UCSD's Center for Research and Computing in the Arts.

Live Cinema Unravelled

Will you be able to come to the next meetup tomorrow? i'd love to meet you in person again. Also, feel freeto use Meetup as a place to promote your events! Had i known you were playing the Belly up I would have totally attended!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Miguex said...

Yes, I have seen the book and I plan to buy it as well, looks really nice, thanks for the info!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know ve-ja?
http://www.vjbook.com

10:20 AM  
Blogger Miguex said...

No I do not, but I was looking for a recent book to write a review on a local magazine.

I was looking at the D:Fuse book, but I guess this one is more recent.

thanks for the tip!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home